Sunday, January 20, 2013

Down to The Nitty-Gritty

Well first I'll start with a disclaimer and say that I'm very sorry for not posting anything for a while. I have been getting used to this film life which has hit me in the teeth these past few weeks. It's quite an ordeal switching from a life of torture to a life of joy and contentment. You know, things become a lot clearer when you aren't plagued with drawing and designing things every day for hours on end. But it's nice to be back and to be more exposed to the thing I love most. Filming. Doesn't that sound beautiful? Say it with me out loud, you know you want to. Filming. Scream it with all of the vocal cords that you possess. FILMING! Sends lovely butterflies through my stomach when I say it. Anyways, back to business. Or the nitty-gritty as I sometimes say.

Stepping away from basic classes like drawing, design, and intro to film have opened me up to a whole new array of classes. As of now, the classes I'm in are: Intro to Field Production, Lighting, and Film Business and Management. Now, I will get to the details of each class in later posts but right now, I want to talk about what I have just recently gotten myself into. I was unbelievably stoked for this semester. I was so ready to begin filming my movie and taking classes that actually mattered, I was ready for fun. But it hasn't turned out to be all I thought it was. Sure film is fun and learning about lights is joyous, but it gets serious when things need to be done.

To tell you the truth, I've already been more stressed this semester than I was the entire last semester. I've had to learn about cameras, and angles, and lenses, and budgeting, and breaking down scripts. Your right, it doesn't sound bad. But when you have to find a director, cast and crew for a movie that you hardly have a script for, by the second week of the semester, things can get ugly. Deadlines hit and you have to have this, and that without your brain exploding or breaking down in tears. It's rough. But it's possible. I knew that this is what I signed up for and I knew that it would be a fight and a struggle to get things done. But I know that I can do it. And that I can succeed. Who cares if I was the only one in the class that didn't have someone else write the script for me. It's business time. And I need to be ready.

Upcoming posts will be coming soon. I have them saved up just for you! Im excited about them and about this semester. You can enjoy the ride along with me! And guess what comes next? A Cutscene! I can't wait for you all to read this one. It's really important to me so be ready! Thanks for reading this post and following along in the blog. It's truly makes me happy! And it's also good to be back blogging again. Thanks again everyone! Until next time, goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment